There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Excerpt from "Urban Hero: Tales from the End of the World"


by Caden Vaughn Clegg

At length we came to the limit,
the glossy membrane of outer space.

You may tell me that men and a woman float beyond it,
but I say they are still here.
Something man will burn, lest he cease to be,
astronauts cannot prove it upon their bodies to the contrary;
and I believe in the Moon.

He who fakes it, shakes it, breaks it,
somewhere deep in China makes it.
And it was right until it wasn't,
and eleven people missed the rapture,
but were we not warned?
Did America not whisper in our hearts all along, saying:

I will therefore put you in remembrance,
though ye once knew this,
that he that shall endure to the end,
who shall buy and sell unceasingly,
yea, my righteous ones who cast off idolatry
and labor in the name of mine economy,
the same shall be saved.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment